Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Unelected Leadership





Listening to WGTS 91.9 with Jerry and Blanca this morning and I was fortunate to hear something that in all my 35 years on this planet, I had never heard. The morning crew played the audio of the gentleman giving the introduction for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 50 years ago. 

 
(Listen at 00:46 for introduction.)

In case you missed what he said, he said "MORAL LEADER of our nation"...

There's no convention to nominate such an individual, there are no debates held to define or understand platforms, there is no ballot to punch for that position, there's no special election that is held to correct vote tampering.... This man was given a title that could only be earned by the life he lead.

...now before folks get into their "let me debate every good thing stated" mentality, I never said the man was perfect. I didn't come here saying Dr King was comparable to Jesus Christ so please, go have a seat and scroll to the next debatable post/comment/blog cause this one is not it. I post this to let us all see that each and every one of us can be Dr. King. It's not about someone calling us to such a thing as standing on a podium in our Nation's capitol speaking to the masses. It's simply about making a choice to stand up for morality. Making a choice to impact more than just the peace and comfort of your own life. There was nothing extraordinary about Dr King as he was created. He was flesh and bone just as each and every one of us. What made him extraordinary was that he decided to look out for everyone. 


So it makes me think "Natasha, are you striving to be a moral leader of just your home and small circle of friends or are you striving to lead any that are watching into the right direction? Would I ever be in the running for candidate as a moral leader?"  Hmm...5 words that are making me question the direction of my life. Time to make sure that the compass is properly calibrated on this life that I've been given.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Natasha! My compass has been off lately. Thanks for the recalibration reminder!

    ReplyDelete